BioEntrepreneurship Summit 2017
The BioEntrepreneurship Summit aims to bring together all relevant stakeholders of the bioentrepreneurial and health tech ecosystem.
Driven by the enormous growth in knowledge and the development of new groundbreaking technologies in molecular biology, molecular analysis and in information technology, the medicine of the future is evolving from molecules to predictive, preventive, personalized and connected health.
Innovative life sciences start-ups and SMEs are the powerhouses developing new breakthrough therapies, next generation diagnostics, and other revolutionary health technologies.
Launching a life science or health tech venture is among the most complex and risky entrepreneurial undertaking, given extremely long development cycles, a strictly regulated approval process, high levels of technological and market uncertainty, and often extraordinary capital requirements. Technology convergence and the transformation of healthcare towards digital and personalized medicine enables entirely new products and services and paves the way for new business models but also poses a challenge for future or actual founders. BioEntrepreneurs largely profit from sector-specific support and specialized training and acceleration. They need to have access to experience in a multitude of disciplines as well as an extensive network to build sustainable ventures.
To register for the BioEntrepreneurship Summit 2017 click here: Venue and Registration
- Students or scientist in life, medical or natural sciences or in information technology interested in bioentrepreneurship
- Pre-Seed teams and early life science founders
- Experienced life science entrepreneurs
- Supporters of bioentrepreneurship and technology transfer professionals
- Life science and health tech investors and business angels
- Industry leaders in pharma, biotech and health tech
- Get to know the bioentrepreneurial ecosystem
- Learn how to build a biotech or health tech venture
- Be up-to-date on key drivers of the industry and technology trends
- Build and expand your life science network
- Learn from peers, experienced entrepreneurs and industry leaders
- Meet and understand investors
- Get support & practical insights
Highlights and selected topics 2017
- Inspiring key notes
- Captivating panel discussions
- Interactive workshops and insightful lectures
- Exciting pre-seed and start-up showcases
- m4 award ceremony & party
- The future of medicine and key trends shaping the industry
- Why I became a bioentrepreneur – life science entrepreneurs tell their tale
- Opportunity Identification: Discovering and evaluating the “Next Big Thing”
- The funding circus: How venture capital works, how business angels are different and whether crowdfunding is an option
- Support from the big fish – what to gain from pharma and biotech accelerators and incubators
- Deutsche Gründer- und Unternehmertage (deGUT)
- Oct 13 2023 - Oct 14 2023
- 10:00 - 18:00